Saturday, June 6, 2015

Air Conditioning Finally! Or at least better than it was before

Well, after three days and three different repairman from the same company the air in the house is down to 83 and the thermostat is set at 74. So, the air conditioning is not at the top of its game but at least it is better than before. Now the sucky news.... both the air conditioning unit and the heating unit will need to be replaced in the next week or so. The air conditioning unit is 25 years old and so is the furnace-both are on there last legs. My husband said replacing them would cost "5 or 6". I was relieved! I told him I was afraid it would be a couple thousand dollars! My husband then gave me a look like he envied my naivete. Then he spoke the words that made me panic quite a bit. "No Bev, 5 or 6 THOUSAND." I am having problems making the mortgage payments and the car payments! I think we have come to the conclusion that we will probably need to refinance the house. I don't want to but it is the only thing we can come up with to find $6,000. Unless anyone out there knows someone interested in selling one of my kidneys on the black market. I have been applying for jobs that I am not even remotely qualified for but I have not been hired for the jobs I AM qualified for, so my thought is that I might get a few interviews from the companies that want to see the person who is applying for jobs she has zero chance of obtaining. Don't get me wrong, I have education and a stable work history. The problem is that the work history is not in the same area as the education! That and I am not licensed in the state. It is a terrible dilemma and I have given up finding that "perfect fit" for a job and I am just shooting for the moon at this point. I don't have any recipes again but I have been thinking of this quote from Albert Einstein that reminds me of how I have handled trying to lose weight in the past. "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." This time I am throwing my old way of doing things straight out the window and it is a whole new ballgame this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment