Monday, June 15, 2015

Sorry I haven't been able to post for a few days!

I wanted to apologize for not posting for a few days! Things just got busy for a few days. I started a new class in my doctorate program that promises to kick my tail for the next 8 weeks-analysis of data. It is not as fun as it sounds. "That data looks great!" is not the analysis my professor is talking about. I have found out a few things over the last few days though. I made some chicken burgers with ground chicken but they were a little bland even though I seasoned them with lots of tasty seasonings. So I grabbed a bottle of Sriachha from the pantry and doused the heck out of the chicken burgers. My thought was how can anything that spicy have gluten in it? I eat a chicken burger doused is Sriachha sauce and about a half hour later my tummy aches like crazy. I look on the ingredient list and on the ingredient list it says "modified corn starch" which apparently is a form of gluten or something. I was a bit miffed (I am taming it down actually-I was downright MAD!) So that is the sucky thing I learned the past few days. The thing I learned that didn't suck was that I can have carrot cake! No, not the glorious carrot cake you are thinking of that is covered in a wonderful coat of cream cheese frosting but I will still take it! I shared with you the vegan mug cake the other day and so I made a few modifications to it like I added some pumpkin pie spice (for no other reason than spiced cakes all usually call for the same type of spices and that is what I grabbed first) and a handful of carrots. I started the microwave for 2 1/2 minutes and opened a can of coconut milk I had in the fridge and scooped out the thick part and added some stevia and cinnamon and then added it to the mug cake. It tasted SOOOOO good! You have to understand that I adore carrot cake! Much to the disdain of my friends I had a carrot cake for my 5th birthday party! This of course does not even come close to my Mom's carrot cake but hey I will take it! Well, that is the closest thing I have to a recipe today folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment